Monday 14 November 2011

Capes!

As mentioned before, many of the Cape Eebil characters will wear capes. The Vinyl/plasticard I bought is quite flexible, so I made a cape for Debbil.

I started by making test capes out of paper. For the first attempts, I kept the collar and cloak as separate pieces, but I made them one piece for the final cut.

The cape is anchored to the Munny by the neck ring. Thus my template was essentially two triangles with a ring between them. Once I had cut the cape out, I folded it across the ring - this left a half-circle that I could then slide into the neck gap from the back. The cape and the hood needed bending up and down to make them sit properly.

Finally, I added some creases to the cloak so that it sits over his trident.

The last thing was to colour one side of the red vinyl black. I decided on red outer, black inner - opposite to Vampy. Pictures below.

No comments:

Post a Comment