Sunday 13 November 2011

POSCA enlightenment

Later the same day that I had been in Lawrence's, we were in Brighton, and I visited Clarke's Stationers. This was to be my final port of call in my search for 'thin vinyl'.

Part of the reason it's called Cape Eebil is that many of the characters will wear capes. So I asked in Lawrence's, then C&H fabrics (a multi-storey haberdashers) and finally Clarke's, where I found something 'close enough'.

After purchasing the plasticard/vinyl, I took a look around their pen department, and saw the awesome display of colour that is their 'official reseller' POSCA cabinet.

For those of you not familiar (and you sure will be if you follow this blog), these fine markers deliver an ink so thick in consistency that it covers like paint. As I discovered soon after, it goes straight on the vinyl and dries to the touch. In short, they're perfectly suited to my task here, and have become my weapon of choice in a very short time.

Anyway, I bought some, as you might imagine. They come in varying sizes. As I favour brushes, I bought highlight colours in those (White, yellow, gold and, er, black. Hm). They also come in ultra-fine, extra-fine, fine, medium, broad and extra-broad. Unfortunately, not all colours come in all sizes - I've ended up with mainly fine markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment